WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
DH Services, LLC (“Daddyhunt”) takes your privacy seriously. Our users’ privacy is at the core of the way we design and build the services and products you use everyday, so that you can fully trust them and focus on meeting other users locally and globally.
We do not compromise with your privacy. We design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind.
We work hard to keep your information secure. We are dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure!
We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend to always keep that trust. This starts with making sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices regarding your information.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 15, 2018
1. WHO ARE WE
DH Services, LLC 174 West 4th Street Suite 328 New York, NY 10014
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We can’t help you meet other users without some information about you, such as basic profile details. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details needed for the service to work, such as your gender and age.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details about your physical attributes, interests, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, such as pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation or HIV status. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing that information.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Andriod), you provide us or our payment processor with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer support team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to improve the quality of our customer support.
- We also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish to operate the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to information that you directly provide us, we receive information about you from others, including:
Other Users - Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For example, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collection information about the features you’ve used, how you’re using those features and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
Usage Information - We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g. date and time you logged in, features that you use, searches, clicks and pages you’ve viewed, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interacted with other users (e.g. users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
Device Information - We will collect an ID that is unique to the mobile device on which you install the App. We may store this information with other information we collect about you, including your Profile Information and your instant message information. We will collect certain software and hardware information about your Device.
Other information with your consent - If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you’re using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo or video on the services).
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Daddyhunt, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
The main reason we use your data is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your information to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, including practical examples.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your inquiries
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate you about our services
To help you connect with other users
- Show users’ profiles to each other
To ensure a consistent experience across devices
- Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log into your account on different devices.
To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products, content or services that we think may interest you
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behavior)
- Develop new features and services
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile and to make it viewable to other users.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Since our goal is to help you connect with other users, the main sharing of users’ information is, of course, with other users. We also share some users’ information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
With other users
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, which may include data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner.
We do not control use of any tracking technologies used by advertisers and partners and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
When required by law
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
We may use and share non-personal information (meaning information that, by itself, does not identify who you are such as device information, general demographics, general behavioral data, geolocation in de-identified form), as well as personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, under any of the above circumstances. We may also share this information with third parties (notably advertisers) to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our services and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine this information with additional non-personal information or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form collected from other sources.
7. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Sharing of information laid out in Section 6 sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, for instance to the United States of America and other jurisdictions. As an example, where the service allows for users to be located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), their personal information is transferred to countries outside of the EEA.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those tools and settings, please contact our Customer Support team for help at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by putting in such a request at email@example.com
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its deletion or object to its processing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other user will have to contact our Customer Support team to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth.
Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. Accountability. In certain countries, including in the European Union, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information.
9. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at email@example.com
10. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in Section 5) and as permitted by applicable law. To protect the safety and security of our users on and off our services, we implement a safety retention window of six months following account deletion. During this period, account information will be retained although the account will of course not be visible on the services anymore.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account (following the safety retention window) or after one year of continuous inactivity.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints.
11. USE BY PERSONS UNDER 18
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. By using our services, you are representing that you are at least 18 years old. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US
By post: DH Services, LLC 174 West 4th Street Suite 328 New York, NY 10014